These are the Best Oscar Films Celebrating by IFFI 2019Vijayan Sankar (Author) Published Date : Oct 30, 2019 10:01 IST
IFFI golden year in Goa from 20th to 28th November is about to celebrate best Oscar and national films: All roads lead to Goa from 20th to 28th November for the 50th year of the IFFI celebration. PIB or PRESS Information Bureau of India today 26th announced screening some of the best Oscar best film award-winning movies in the Oscar Retrospective section. For film lovers in India and abroad, it is a celebration time to enjoy the best movies in Goa, the land of sun, sand, and sea. Dadasaheb Phalke award winner Amitabh Bachchan will be honored in this year's film festival.
IFFI's golden journey: Started in 1952 by the Government of India, IFFI or the International Film Festival of India had a glorious golden journey for the past seven decades. It is one of the most significant film festivals held in Asia. Started with only 100 films from 23 countries, in its golden year, it is screening more than 1000 films from 100 countries. It celebrates the golden excellence of the film art and appreciation of film cultures in different nations worldwide.
Highlights of the 50th IFFI festival in Goa: Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadkar on 6th October, announced many salient features for the 2019 IFFI to commensurate its golden year celebrations. With the PIB announcement today of the Oscar Retrospective, there are many highlights of the 50th IFFI in Goa. Some of them to make book tickets to Goa including
- 12 outstanding Indian films that have completed 50 years in 2019 will be screened as a separate section.
- Many Hollywood movies from Forrest Gump, Gone with the Wind, Silence of the Lambs, Casablanca, The God Father among others which have all won the best film Oscars will be screened in Oscar Retrospective section.
- 26 Indian feature films including two Tamil movies Otha Serupu Size 7 by R.Parthiban and House owner will be shown in the festival.
- 15 Indian non-feature films will also be screened at the festival.
- Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan's most impactful and entertaining films will be screened in a separate section to honor the legend's contribution to Indian cinema.
- Uri, Badhaai Ho, and Gully boy which is sent for this year Oscar from India will also be screened in the festival.
- A unique movie for the visually impaired people will be screened with recorded narrations of the parts without dialogues.
- Acclaimed Malayalam film director Priyadarshan will be heading the feature film jury, and Rajendra Janglay will be leading the non-feature jury.