Belly Fat could control in Natural ways, According to DieticianVignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : Feb 11, 2020 17:12 IST
Belly Fat: Natural Ways to Reduce Belly Fat: If you are one to say it is just a gastric problem for your bulging belly, it is like a young woman hiding her pregnancy. Eventually, it will show up, whatever way you try to cover it. But for the woman, it is a pride, and for people with belly fat, it is not only an embarrassment but doubles your death risk. Hence continue reading until the end, to know many fantastic facts of belly fat and also the best possible ways to get rid of belly fat and be as smart looking and healthy as you always wanted to be.
The first most steps to reduce your belly fat, or shall we call it abdominal fat, is to accept the fact that you are adding weight. But the good thing is you are not alone. It is a problem for nearly one-third of the world's population. Only by accepting you are adding fat to your abdomen, your mind will work towards reducing it. Otherwise, you will continue saying it is only due to the wrong food and become vulnerable to most of the diseases in medical science.
Now that you have accepted the fact that you are on the process of adding fat to your belly, it is time to know specific facts about it. The first fact that the body forms are only in the abdomen part, and it is the last to go out of it. But, for many, that does not happen, and we shall not discuss it as we take a positive approach to reduce abdominal fat.
While talking about health, it is better to have the advice of an expert. In this case of belly fat, we need the advice of a dietician. Thanks to Dr. Uma Maheswari, who is running a private clinic in India, for delivering the exact information, details, and advice about belly fats.
A simple trick to find if you have belly fat
Dr. Uma Maheswari says, for many, it is obvious to know that they have belly fat. As per an old saying, there is no need for a mirror to examine the wound in hand. But still, if you want to find out if your belly is filled with fat, the simple trick is to measure your waist circumference properly.
- Take off your shoes, stand with your feet together, relaxed, and exhaling.
- Use a cloth measuring tape that cannot be stretched and measure your abdomen
- The belly should be empty at the time of measurement, and the tape should be parallel to the ground
- Record the measurements to close as one-tenth of an inch
Now you can confirm even without any scientific tests that you are obese or not with the following interpretation
- Low risk for men is when the measurement is below 37 and for women below 31.5 inches
- The intermediate risk for men is between 37.1 to 39.9 and for women 31.6 to 34.9 inches
- High risk is above 40 and 35 for men and women, respectively.
But for accurately knowing your abdominal fat, it is better to consider a doctor to take a CT or computed tomography and an MRI or magnetic resonance Imaging.
Some exciting or dangerous stats of belly fat
Since now you are confirmed about having a fat belly or not, it is time to know some statistics of obesity, which causes the belly fat.
- Two out of three adults are obese
- Since 1975 obesity has tripled among the world population
- More than 2 billion people are overweight, and 650 million among them are obese
- 40 million children under the age of 5 are obese and 340 million children and adolescents between 5 to 15 years old are obese
Science of belly fat
If the stats shock you, then you must know the science of belly fat, which makes it so harmful. The abdominal fat is due to two different forms that include
Subcutaneous fat is the belly fat that accumulates just beneath the abdominal skin like anywhere else in the body. Though it is not harmful, it is also neither good for the body.
It is the culprit that causes all the trouble. It is the fat that is accumulated in the abdomen around the internal organs. Many theories have been put forth for the accumulation of visceral fat. The earliest ones were linked to the body's stress response mechanisms overactivity. It increases blood pressure, the sugar level in the blood, and cardiac risk.
Lipotoxicity is the new concept which says that the visceral fat cells release their metabolic products directly into the portal circulation. Since it carries the blood straight to the liver, it enlarges the visceral fat cells due to excess triglycerides pouring fatty acids into the liver.
Also, these acids accumulate in the pancreas, heart, and other organs. But these parts of the body are not engineered to store fat, and they become dysfunctional. Then they start producing impaired insulin regulation, cholesterol, blood sugar, and abnormal heart function.
Causes of belly fat
If you are tired of the belly fat science though they are critical, it is time to know some practical reasons that causes it.
Food is medicine
As per an old saying, "we are what we eat," food is the primary cause of abdominal fat. There are many wrong foods that we consume daily that causes belly fat than anything else. Some of them include
- Sugary foods like cakes, candy, drinks, fruit juice, and others not only cause excess weight but also slows down a person's metabolism and reduced ability to burn fat.
- If there is one unhealthiest food on the planet, it is the trans fat foods like packaged muffins, baking mixes, crackers, and others. They cause inflammation leading to insulin resistance, heart ailments, and many other diseases. Replacing them with healthy whole-grain, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fat foods will reduce belly fat.
- Low protein food causes belly fat, and on the contrary, eating high protein food increases metabolic rate and decreases calorie intake.
- Avoiding low fiber food and replacing it with high fiber food will help in controlling obesity. A recent study found 10 gm increase in soluble fiber decreases 3.7 % belly fat accumulation.
- Consuming alcohol even in small quantities causes numerous diseases apart from increasing the belly fat.
- Inactivity or lack of exercise reduces the capability of the body to burn fat to increases the belly fat.
- Stress causes a steroid hormone cortisol which impacts the metabolism. A person with stress tends to eat more and increase the belly fat without proper metabolism rate.
- Some genetics play a part in their belly fat as the genes influence behavior and metabolism.
- Inadequate sleeping is another main cause to gain weight.
Facts to reduce belly fat
Since you have been reading so far, it is now to the concluding and essential part of ways to lose the belly fat. Though studies have confirmed excess eaten calories cannot be burnt by any amount of exercise or increasing metabolism, food again is the dominant player in reducing the belly fat.
And also, it is the hardest part for anyone, as per an old saying, "No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop, after eating one peanut." It takes tons of courage and discipline to lose belly fat.
First, it is essential to admit that fact, that the fat accumulated over the years, cannot be able to get rid of in a few days. Many after a few days of maintaining good food habits and vigorous exercises, watch in the mirror and find the belly is the same as it was before. They lose faith and the courage to continue.
Some follow the practice of reducing belly fat for two or three days and start eating more as they are satisfied that they are in the process of reducing it. Others may do it for a considerable period and see good results. But due to many reasons, both personal and professional, discontinue it, to get the belly fat back soon.
One thing is for sure, reducing belly fat is not a one time or one month or even a two-year routine. It is like eating and sleeping every day. First, it may be a little tiresome and will make you feel what is going to happen if I eat little more and sleep happily in the morning without exercise for a week.
Most of us also compare with others and seek solace. If that person is eating so much and living happily for so long without any ailments, why not me. All these are only excuses, and only when the time comes for you to be in a hospital bed, it will be too late to do anything.
Simple ways to reduce belly fat
Many give complex ideas to reduce belly fat, which for many, is even impractical to do all their life. Apart from avoiding all the above causes of belly fat, here are a few simple ways to reduce belly fat.
- Get more sunlight whenever possible to reduce weight and metabolic dysfunction
- Stop using your vehicles for domestic and other work that could be easily possible with walking, for example, park your two-wheeler or car at the end of the parking lot and take a walk
- Take some buttermilk or juice before eating your favorite meal to reduce consumption
- Be aware of the calories you intake every day and except for one or two days a week, be strict on yourselves to not overeat
- In a week which has 10,080 minutes, try at least to run 50 minutes as slow as possible
- Do some physical exercise for minimum two or three days a week
- Change your lifestyle to be stress-free and with enough sleep.
- Avoid Oil fried foods like burger, homemade patty's, french fries and whatever comes with deep fry in Oil.
- Stop having cold water or cool drinks right after your heavy meal or oiled items. Always have hot water at least 1 glass after meals with the equal heat capacity of coffee.
- Walk as much as possible per day at least around 6000 steps, which could be around 2 or 3 kilometers.
- Avoid taking High carbohydrate foods.
- Burn your calories from 6 am to 7 am in sunlight by walking in a good atmosphere as a daily practice.
Dr. Uma Maheshwari also assures that all the above details must sure help you to reduce belly fat and make you face the challenges of life positively and energetically to not only keep you happy but also to your family and others.