Takeaways PM Narendra Modi Howdy Modi event in HoustonVijayan Sankar (Author) Published Date : Sep 22, 2019 16:29 IST
Takeaways PM Modi's Howdy Modi event in Houston
Prime Minister Modi started in style his Howdy Modi even in Houston by picking up a fallen flower presented to him at the airport. The social media immediately went abuzz, showing the simplicity of the prime minister. It is only a prelude to PM's extravaganza today at Houston along with President Donald Trump. Fifty thousand of Indian Diaspora are said to attend the Howdy Mody event which will raise the image of both Modi and India abroad. The following are the ten takeaways of Howdy Modi event in Houston.
Takeaways of Howdy Modi
- PM Modi is on a weeklong visit to the US the first after being elected second-time prime minister
- Prime Minister was welcomed on 21st September at the Houston airport by Christopher Olson, director of Trade and International Affairs, US Ambassador to India, Kenneth Juster, Indian ambassador to the US Harsh Vardhan Shringla among others.
- President Trump will gain the votes of Indian Diaspora in the next year presidential elections by attending the Howdy Modi event.
- Prime Minister Modi standing with President Trump will help India in the next month crucial UN meeting on the Kashmir issue
- PM Modi will be presenting a big image of himself and India to all-powerful Indian Diaspora. It will help for their participation to offset the beleaguered Indian economy with its GDP being at six years low of 5%
- PM Modi met the group of Kashmiri pundits in Houston, who thanked him for the abrogation of Article 370 in Kashmir and expressed their desire to come back to their native place. Modi assured them of all help to back in Kashmir.
- Demonstration by the representatives of Sindhi, Baloch and Pashto groups in front of the NRG Stadium in Houston to draw the attention of Trump and Modi to free them from Pakistan
- PM Modi met top CEOs of the energy sector on 21st September to work together for energy security and expanding its mutual investment opportunities
- PM Modi will have discussions late with President Trump after his meeting with Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan
- By Howdy Modi event PM Modi will get a reprieve from the international community over the heating Kashmir row.