Lockdown till August 31 in Karnataka but with no Sunday and night curfews - CM YeddyurappaSivaranjani Soundararaj (Author) Published Date : Jul 31, 2020 11:42 IST
Bangalore: Despite the rising CoronaVirus cases in Karnataka, the State government has relaxed the August month similar to the Central relaxations proposed on July 29 by Prime Minister Modi.
Relaxations in Karnataka from August 2020
- Meanwhile, Karnataka Chief Minister Yediyurappa extended the lockdown till August 31, but with no further Sunday and night curfews inside the State.
- No requirement of E-pass for both inter and intra state movement.
- Yoga and gym training institutes will be opened from August 5 similar to Central government order.
- The Ministry of Health and Welfare of Karnataka will issue a Standard Operating Procedure(SOP), which is to be followed by the people maintaining social distancing norms.
- Independence day functions irrespective of the places will be allowed to celebrate but proper protective measures to the pandemic such as social distancing should be withheld.
- The relaxations will be enforced from August 1 and the zones prone to the disease i.e.containment zones will follow strict lockdown amid relaxations till August 31.
Restrictions in Karnataka from August 2020:
- Schools, colleges and other educational institutions will remain closed till August 31,2020. However, online classes have no restrictions and can be conducted until the reopening.
- Malls, Cinema Theatres, Public auditoriums, political/sports gatherings, swimming pools, parks, religious functions, bars, assembly halls will remain closed until further announcement.
- Despite all,6,128 cases tested positive yesterday alone in which 45% of the cases are from the Bangalore region, raising the total toll to 1,18,632. Also, 83 deaths marked inside the State hiking the total death toll to cross 1000.
Lockdown till August 31 in Karnataka but with no Sunday and night curfews - CM Yeddyurappa