Puducherry Missing Girl: Justice For Aarthi Post Trends With Protests

Accused Karunas Aged 19
Accused Karunas Aged 19

The incident of the mysterious girl being strangled to death and thrown into the sewer has created tension in Puducherry. A 19-year-old drug-addicted killer has stated why he killed the missing 9-year-old girl in Puducherry. 

Also Read: Explained: Puducherry Nine-Year-Old Girl Rape And Murder Case

Aarthi, Aged 9 Went Missing:

The driver, who hailed from Cholai Nagar School Road, Puducherry, had a 9-year-old daughter. She was studying 5th standard in the school there. Arthi went missing while she was playing outside the house on Saturday. After hours of searching, her parents and locals filed a complaint at the Muthialpet station.

Police Search:

Several police teams were involved in searching for the nine-year-old girl child. They were searching day and night to trace Aarthi using sniffer dogs. They have also looked into some of the CCTV footage in which Aarthi was last seen. The girl child wasn't tracked.

Aarthi Body Found:

After three days of intense search, the Aarthi was found dead, wrapped in sacks with hands and legs tied. The public gathered there and blocked the girl's body from being taken to the doctor. After that, additional police were mobilized, and the body of the girl was taken to Government Medical College Hospital, Kathirgamam. 

At that time, the people of the area insisted that the postmortem of the girl's body should not be done at the government hospital but should be done at Jipmar Hospital. After that, steps are being taken to take the girl's body from Kathirkamam Government Hospital to Jipmer Hospital.

 In this situation, 19-year-old Karunas from the same area was arrested in connection with this murder. While interrogating him, he cut his arms and legs with the blade he had. With this, the police came to know that the accused was drugged. During the interrogation, he confessed to killing the girl child Aarthi.

During the interrogation, it was revealed that he took the girl who was playing to the terrace. There, he sexually harassed the girl. 54-year-old Vivekanandan, who came there then, said that he would sexually harass the girl first. Then the girl screamed when they tried to rape her together.

The two immediately became enraged and beat the girl to death. As a result, the girl's hands and feet were tied in a sack and thrown into the canal, he said. Aarthi's relatives and public members argued with the police that they should hand over the arrested person to them. Following this tragic incident, Justice for Aarthi hashtag is trending on social media.