Local Body Election of Tamil Nadu: DMK Chief Stalin Complaints of Irregularities in Vote CountingVignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : Jan 02, 2020 17:13 IST
Stalin complains to state election commissioner and files case in Madras high court of irregularities in local body vote counting: DMK's lawsuit against the inconsistencies in the local body polls counting is coming up for hearing tomorrow, December 3, in Madras High Court. Stalin announced this while speaking to the press outside the SEC after his complaint to it on the irregularities in the local body polls counting.
Counting started from 8 Am in 315 centers across Tamil Nadu for the concluded rural body elections. There were several complaints from the DMK party of the results not being announced in many centers even after completion of the vote counting. The main two places are Salem and Theni. These two are the home towns of the chief minister and deputy chief minister of Tamil Nadu.
DMK leader Stalin rushed to the SEC or State Election Commission now and complained of the irregularities in the local body poll counting. He leveled many allegations against the ruling AIADMK for malpractices in the counting of votes. Highlights of his interview include
- DMK is leading in more than 80 % of the counting centers
- AIADMK to stop DMK winning announcements is indulging in malpractices
- In Salem counting is complete in many parts, but no results announced so far from there
- CM's relative is instructing the EC to what to do and what not to do in Salem
- Similarly, there are many irregularities in Theni district which is the native town of Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam
- DMK will stage a dharna before the EC if the complaints are not redressed by it
- DMK has filed a case in the high court against the irregularities in counting, which is to come up for hearing tomorrow, December 3.
Local Body Election of Tamil Nadu: DMK Chief Stalin Complaints of Irregularities in Vote Counting