Know what is allowed in Tamil Nadu in lockdown 5Vignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : May 31, 2020 16:41 IST
Know what all is open in Tamil Nadu from June 1: Chief Minister in a detailed letter to the public today, May 31, has announced a lot of relaxations in lockdown 5.0. But these relaxations are not applicable for all the 1100+ containment zones in the state and only movement for essential needs allowed there until June 30.
The rest of the state can have public transport with 50 % capacity from tomorrow. hotels, tea shops, big shops except for malls can open from June 8. TASMAC shops will be open from 10 AM to 8 PM as night curfew has been reduced to 9 PM to 5 AM.
What is all open from tomorrow, June 1, except in containment zones?
- All public and private transport with 50 % capacity will run.
- Big shops including jewelry, textiles, and others will be open with 50 % employees and not more than five customers at a time
- All staff buses of private organizing are allowed to operate with 40 passengers
- All private companies can start work with 100 % of employees to function without air conditioners.
What is open from June 8?
- Restaurants, tea shops with open to 50 % seating capacity for customers
- Taxis and cabs with three passengers apart from the driver can operate without e pass within one of the eight zones.
- Autos can have two passengers, and cycle rickshaw can ply on the roads.
- Barbershops and beauty parlors without air conditioning
Restrictions to continue all through Tamil Nadu until June 30
- No opening of all religious worship places and permission for religious meetings
- No other state visitors for Kodaikanal, Ooty, Yercaud and other tourist places
- No residential lodges, resorts or hospitality services except for health workers, police and specified others
- No opening of shopping malls
- No opening of schools and any educational institutions but to encourage online teaching
- No international flights and only flights permitted by MHA
- Theaters, bars, gyms, swimming pools, zoos, entertainment centers, and others could be a massive gathering of people.
- No meetings of social, religious, political, sports and others
- Interstate transport not allowed and only with e-pass people can travel to other states.
Eight zones in public transportation: For administrative purposes, the public transportation in Tamil Nadu has been divided into eight zones which include
- Zone - 1 : Coimbatore, Nilgiris, Erode, Tirupur, Karur, Salem and Namakkal
- Zone - 2: Dharmapuri, Vellor, Tirupattur, Ranipettai and Krishnagiri
- Zone - 3: Villupuram, Tiruvannamalai, Cuddalore and Kallakuruchi
- Zone - 4: Trichy, Thanjavur, Nagapattinam, Ariyalur, Perambalur, Thiruvarur and Pudukottai
- Zone - 5: Madurai, Dindigul, Theni, Virudunagar, Sivagangai and Ramanathapuram
- Zone - 6: Thoothukudi, Tenkasi, Kanyakumari and Tirunelveli
- Zone - 7: Kancheepuram, Chengalpat and Tiruvallur
- Zone - 8: All areas coming under the control of Greater Chennai police limits
Except for the unlucky zones 7 and 8, public and private transport with 50 % capacity is allowed in all the remaining 6 zones.
Know what is allowed in Tamil Nadu in lockdown 5