Metro Trains will Stop for 50 seconds - See in for CMRL Guidelines.Sivaranjani Soundararaj (Author) Published Date : Sep 04, 2020 15:08 IST
CoronaVirus infection has been going on across the country for the last six months. In turn, the curfew order is being implemented in various phases. Accordingly, public transport has been suspended in many states including metro rail service across the country.
In this context, the bus service in Tamil Nadu has been initiated from September 1, 2020, but the government has not unlocked the inter-district transport considering the spread rate due to CoVid-19 while announcing unlock 4.
After several suggestions from the people and private bus transport associations regarding the difficulties to travel beyond districts, CM Edappadi Palaniswami announced to commence travel anywhere within Tamil Nadu from September 7. The Tamil Nadu government has also said that the Metro train service in Chennai will be operational from Monday.
Here are some rules issued by the Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL)
- Chennai Metro Rail will run from 08.00 am to 08.00 pm in Chennai. Metro trains will run from 8.30 am to 10.30 am and from 5 pm to 8 pm for 5 minutes once during office hours.
- During non-office hours, the metro train will run at a gap of 10 minutes.
- Metro trains from Vannarapet to the Chennai international airport will start on September 7, 2020.
- Meanwhile, the Metro train service from Parangimalai to Chennai Central will start on September 9.
- The metro train will stop only 20 seconds before each stop. But Metro management said it would stand for 50 seconds longer.
- Tickets will be issued by smart card and QR scan mode.
- Only a maximum of three people are allowed on the lift at a time.
- Passengers have to leave a seat gap in the train, ensuring social distancing.
- Masks are mandatory for travelers coming to CMRL.
- People with high temperatures and symptoms are not allowed to travel via metro rail.