Minister Dindigul Sreenivasan Gets a Tribal Boy to Remove his SlippersVignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : Feb 06, 2020 15:53 IST
Minister Dindigul Sreenivasan is now again in trouble for asking a tribal boy to remove his footwear in public. There is an outrage against his act of asking a tribal boy to remove his footwear, in social media. Many express their anger on minster's casteism, VVIP racism, and many more. But minister Sreenivasan says he did not ask an adult to do it, but only the boy whom he thinks like is that of his grandson to remove his footwear. But the video clip shared by one of the Press people is viral now.
Forest minister Dindigul Sreenivasan was on a field trip to Mudumalai Tiger Reserve today, February 6. Along with his entourage of 100 people, he was about to enter a small shrine there. Before entering the shrine, he asked two boys of approximately ten years old, to remove his footwear.
The boys are said to be students, and sons of the mahout removed his footwear. When the press persons started to shoot the incident, Coonoor MLA A Ramu tried to block their view. But as usual, one of the reporters shot the event live and posted in his Twitter account. It is causing the trouble now for the minister, who is continuously answering the calls against the act which include
- I called the boys only as they were small boys like my grandsons
- I did not ask an adult to remove my footwear, but only little boys
- The action is taken out of context by the media, and it is wrong
- It is not in a public place but merely an area near the temple
- For those who think it is child abuse, the minister says it is their view
- There are no sinister thoughts on asking a young boy to do it
- It is not a big mistake to ask a young boy to ask him to remove my footwear
Minister Dindigul Sreenivasan Gets a Tribal Boy to Remove his Slippers