Minister SP Velumani officially announced 9.5 KM Over Bridge in Avinashi Road CoimbatoreVignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : Dec 23, 2019 21:17 IST
Minister SP Velumani is fast making Coimbatore a smart city and uplifting its needy peoples' life: Minister SP Velumani in his continuous efforts for developing Coimbatore city has now officially announced the construction of 9.5 kilometers Over Bridge in Avinashi road connecting Uppliplayam to the Coimbatore International Airport with the thankful message to Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami. His initiatives have made Coimbatore rank first in the smart city preparations all over Tamil Nadu.
He was instrumental in implementing more than 18 of the 48 smart city requirements with a budget of 1,068.91 crores. Every day he is involved in one or more activity for the welfare of not only the Coimbatore city people but also the rural people around it.
S P Velumani is the Tamil Nadu minister for many portfolios including
- Municipal Administration
- Rural Development
- Panchayat and panchayat unions
- Poverty Alleviation Programs
- Rural Indebtedness
- TWAD or Urban and Rural Water Supply
- Implementation of Special Programme
Recently Minister is involved in many welfare activities including:
- Coimbatore is connected by two arterial roads, namely Trichy and Avinashi roads. With sincere efforts of the Minister already, the bridge work on the Tiruchy road is happening in full swing. Now with the Minister's announcement of over bridge work for all the 9.5 kilometers connecting Upplilapuram and the Coimbatore airport, there will be minimal traffic issues in the future. Also, it will make it possible for Coimbatore to be a smart city soon.
- Minister is speeding up the process of wastewater management in the city as part of the smart city requirements. Also, Coimbatore is continuously ranking the first to implement its requirements at lightning speed.
- Minister conducts much community-based welfare activities in and around Coimbatore to upgrade the livelihood of the needy and poor people.
- Many buses were flagged off by the Minister recently and also in the past to facilitate the Coimbatore peoples' commuting in and around the city
Minister S P Velumani is an M Phil postgraduate, AIADMK Coimbatore rural district secretary, and a philanthropist helping the needy all the time. His efforts must continue to not only make Coimbatore a smart city but to a metro city soon and also to uplift its people to maintain the Coimbatore pride all over India.