Know what is open and closed in Tamil Nadu from September 1Vignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : Aug 31, 2020 09:44 IST
Know what is open and closed in Tamil Nadu from September 1: China has a total of 83,000 total coronavirus infections, but in India, on August 29, there were nearly 80,000 new infections, the highest of one-day infections worldwide.
Unlock four announced by the central government to open all religious places, free intrastate and interstate travel. Tamil Nadu continues to be in the second-worst position of infection cases in India. Yesterday August 30, it crossed 6,000 for the first time this month.
Tamil Nadu CM announces restrictions during the continuance of lockdown 8
The Chief Minister says that the government is successful in controlling the coronavirus crisis. Yesterday by a press release, Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami announced lockdown eight until September 30 midnight.
But there are many relaxations including metros to operate but no suburban trains, Epass not necessary within the state but essential for people coming from other states and countries.
Public transportation allowed within districts but not allowed out of the districts. All resorts open but not the beach, open theaters allowed but not closed theatres, and many more that include
- All the announced relaxations do not apply for containment zones in Tamil Nadu
- E-pass not necessary for travel within the state but essential for those coming from other states and countries
- All religious places are open for the public but essential to follow standards operating procedures
- Public transportation in Chennai and other districts allowed by the following SOP from September 1
- Metro trains to function in Chennai from September 7
- Except for theaters in shopping malls can function with 100 % staff and following the procedures of AC operation and others
- All shops can open up to 8 PM from tomorrow across Tamil Nadu which is an increase of an hour from the previous 7 PM
- Hotels and teashops to serve till 8 PM and parcels allowed until 9 PM
- All industries and offices in Chennai to function with 100 % of employees
- All residential hotels, resorts, clubs, recreation clubs and all hospitality services to open from September 1
- Parks and playgrounds are open for practicing and competitions but without spectators.
- Skill and industrial training institutes to start function from September 21
- All government offices including banks to function with 100 % employees from its current 50 % from September 1
- Tourist centers like Kodaikanal and Ooty are open but need epass from the collectors
- Film shooting allowed with only 75 people and not allowing any spectators
- No more full lockdowns on Sundays
- Operating trains within the state will be decided on September 15, and until then there is no train service
- Protocol for quarantine and testing will be released for people from other states and countries coming into Tamil Nadu by train or flights
- The number of flights landing in Chennai airport is doubled from 25 to 50, but in Coimbatore, Tirucy and others will remain with the existing levels
- Section 144 to continue in Tamil Nadu which does not permit the gathering of more than five people in public places
- Educational institutions, theaters, swimming pools, international flights, entertainment parks, zoos, beach, and others will remain closed until September 30 midnight.
Know what is open and closed in Tamil Nadu from September 1