No buses in the Chief Minister announced lockdown 7.0 from August 1Vignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : Jul 30, 2020 16:36 IST
Chief Minister announces today July 30, continuance of lockdown until August 31. And all the five Sundays in August will have intense lockdown as in July. There are some relaxations announced by the CM for this lockdown 7.0. But no state transport buses but permission for celebrating Independence Day celebrations given.
It is in line with the unlock three relaxations announced by the central government yesterday. Chief minister after meeting the district collectors yesterday and the medical panel today, has decided to continue the lockdown 7.0.
Relaxations in lockdown 7.0: Though there is lockdown 7.0 until midnight August 31, thNo bere are certain relaxations announced by the CM that include
- All companies can now increase their percentage of employees from 50 to 75 %
- No state transport buses across the state
- Shops can remain open for one more hour until 7 PM
- E-Pass system will continue, and there will be no metro trains, electric trains, and limited international flights
- Hotels can allow people to eat with only 50 % capacity until 7 PM, but allowed until 9 PM for takeaways and should not operate the AC
- Gyms, swimming pools, resorts, residential hotels, tourist spots, educational institutions, zoos, and theaters will continue to remain closed
- Small religious shrines will be allowed for worship with the permission from the district collector
- E-commerce for all products allowed
- All prominent temples and those in corporations' limits will remain closed.
Experts think that the lockdown should have been done for 15 days and extended or stopped from August 15. It is because, without buses, people will suffer a lot. Also, shops in malls and others, not opening, will hit the economy badly. This continuance of the lockdown brings more uncertainty among the people. They are now worried about their current position and of the bleak future.