Rape Accused Nishanth Body Recovered From Porur Lake

Representative Image
Representative Image

Nishanth, who was going to marry the daughter of the CEO of a famous private hospital in Chennai, committed suicide by jumping into the Porur lake. His body was recovered after three days.

A 27-year-old woman from Vadapalani, Chennai, filed a complaint at the Virugambakkam Women's Police Station on March 1, accusing her boyfriend. In it, she mentioned, "I got acquainted with Nishanth, who studied with me in class 10 and then fell in love. 

The love that started in school continued even during my college studies. Nishant sexually assaulted me many times, promising to marry me. He also took Rs. 68 lakhs from me.

In the meantime, I was shocked that Nishanth decided to marry the daughter of a CEO and industrialist at a famous private hospital in Chennai."

Due to this, she requested to take action against Nishanth, who had fallen in love with her since childhood and cheated her by saying that she would marry him and bought Rs. 68 lakhs.

Virugambakkam All Women Police investigated this complaint. NishantH, his mother and his father were booked under sections including the POCSO Act. Also, when Nishanth was supposed to get married to the daughter of a business magnate on the third day, the girl's family was shocked to learn that the young woman had filed a police complaint against him.

Following this, the marriage was stopped. In this situation, Nishant, who had been drinking with his friends on March 6, took a friend's car and left, saying he was going out.

After a while, he texted his friends and relatives through Whatsapp, saying he would commit suicide. The friends panicked and informed the police control room. On this, the Porur SRMC police conducted an investigation.

Later it was revealed that Nishant's cell phone number was switched near Porur Lake. While the police went to the spot, they noticed the car driven by Nishant stopped near the lake. 

The police have been searching for Nishant's body for the last two days, and this morning, the police recovered Nishanth's body from the lake. His body was sent to KMC Hospital for postmortem. SRMC police have registered a case and are investigating Nishanth's suicide.