Save Surjith: Overview of Complete Timeline from Day 1 and Till NowVijayan Sankar (Author) Published Date : Oct 28, 2019 11:32 IST
Timeline of Surjith in the borewell hole - but how long? The clock is ticking. Now it shows more than 62 hours of Surjith being held in the hole at Nadukkattupatti in Tiruchi. Prayers for baby Surjith has gone national with Rahul Gandhi expressing his concern for the safety of the child. There are requests from all corners for the past 62 hours.
But what is happening in ground zero Nadukkatipatti for the past 62 hours? A timeline of the three-day events and rescue operations of NDRF, SDRF, Fire fighting personnel, ONGC, NLC, IIT, Anna University, ministers, collectors, police officials are all doing include
- On 25th October two years old Surjith was playing in his parents' corn plantation field. He fell into that bore well at 5: 40 PM.
- 5:55 PM ambulance reached the spot to rescue Surjith who was at 26 feet depth in the hole and oxygen was given to him from outside
- 6:30, the medical crew arrived at the place to provide life support to Surjith. Revenue department officials, Firefighters from Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services reached the spot and started to rescue Surjith.
- 8 PM Health Minister Vijayabaskar and Tiruchy Collector Sivarasu reached ground zero to fasten the rescue operations and still is there to rescue Surjith
- With the help of JCB, a hole adjacent to the Surjith held borewell started to be dug by the officials. But due to tremors of the land, the attempt was stopped immediately
- Flashlights were focused into the hole to make the baby feel safe and not to be afraid of the darkness
- A camera was sent inside the hole and was found that the child is live and is in a sitting position in the hole
- Surjith's mother Mary and father Arokiadass were made to speak to him with the help of loudspeakers
- Child relief specialists like Madurai Manikandan and Namakkal Daniel reached the spot to help Surjith
- Manikandan was able to tie one hand of Surjith, but even after three hours struggle to bind, the other hand failed, and also, the tying, on the one hand, getting loosened. Surjith fell from 26 feet depth to 70 feet depth in the hole.
- Many other experts from IIT Madras, Anna University, tried their best later but were not able to rescue Surjith
- 26th October 8 AM, the mud removing from the hole started. The 18 member expert crew removed mud covering Surjith from Chennai
- NDRF or National Disaster Rescue Force and SDRF of State Disaster Rescue force reached the spot
- NLC or Neyveli lignite corporation and ONGC or oil and natural gas commission drilling experts came to rescue Nadukkattipatti
- Hydraulic pumps were engaged to save Surjit but unable to do so, and he went further down to 85 feet in the hole
- 27th 2:15 AM early morning the first ONGC rig equipment reached Nadukkattupatti from Lalgudi
- 6 AM After mounting the rig for three hours marking was done two feet away from the hole holding Surjith
- 7:10 digging started in the marked area
- 12.45 PM after five and half hours of digging made only a tunnel of 20 feet due to huge rocks in the hole
- 28th 12.30 AM, A more efficient rig equipment, was brought to dig the hole
- After aligning the second rig equipment, it has started to dig the hole efficiently
- But there is some bad news that even this rig equipment is having some repairs.
The clock is ticking, will Surjith be saved, the whole nation awaits the news.
Save Surjith: Overview of Complete Timeline from Day 1 and Till Now