COVID19 Tamil Nadu: CM Edappadi Palaniswami District Collectors Meeting CoverageVignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : May 14, 2020 14:32 IST
Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami along with deputy CM O Panneerselvam, congratulated the district collectors and others on their efforts to fight Coronavirus. In his video conferencing meeting yesterday, May 13, with all the district collectors, the CM also gave some guidelines for the future fight of the Coronavirus in the states.
He also squarely blamed the Koyambedu merchants for the new infections in the state. It is because of not shifting the wholesale market in time to have not spread the infection. Out of the 9,227 cases as of yesterday, 35 % or more than 3000 are only from the Koyambedu market. Tamil Nadu is only next to Maharashtra and Gujarat, which is having only 40 cases more at 9267.
The Tamil Nadu government has announced a lot of relaxations despite the spike in the COVID 19 cases in Tamil Nadu and India. The third lockdown is to end by this weekend on May 17. Since the prime minister indicated another phase of lockdown from May 18 and for issuing many guidelines, the CM spoke to the collectors yesterday. In the speech, he thanked the doctors, nurses, police personnel, officers, and others extensively for their service in the fight against Coronavirus. The following are the excerpts of his speech.
- The collectors have brought to my notice of all the steps taken to solve the corona crisis.
- The government will review their demands for fighting corona and provide all necessary arrangements for them.
- As far as the agricultural sector concerned, due to the already given relaxations, they can sell their agricultural produce at the right price.
- Thank the agricultural officers and district collectors for making the farmers happy by arranging them to get the right price for the produce.
- Essential products are without any issues are available freely across Tamil Nadu, which has resulted in no case of food deficiency in the state.
- Tamil Nadu is the best state for providing the best medical facilities against the coronavirus fight.
- The district collectors have said that only because of the migrant workers of other districts coming to their district has increased the number of cases in their district.
- Chennai, with a dense population with 26 lakh people living in slums in greater Chennai, is the reason for increased cases in Chennai.
- The trade unions did not accept to shift the Koyambedu wholesale market even after several rounds of talks at all levels including the deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam.
- Only after more cases were found, they accepted to shift the wholesale market to Thirumalzhiai, and by that time the Coronavirus has spread rapidly in Chennai and other districts.
- The accusation that only due to the failure of the government that there is increased infection in Koyambedu is wrong.
- The government will pay all the charges for migrants who want to go back to their states.
- Request them to be patient for their turn of trains to take them to their states as only 8 to 10 trains are given to the state now.Our state migrants in other states have started and brought from Maharashtra and others and will continue to bring back all.
- Only because of increased testing than any other state there is an increase in the number of infected cases and not like in other states.
- The disinfectant should be sprayed by all levels of the district administration health staff, and the public toilets should be periodically cleaned well.
- People in containment zones should not be allowed to come outside, and all essentials should be supplied to them.The other state drivers should be isolated while they bring goods into the state.
- The district collectors in consultation with the educational officers should make all arrangements for the students to write the tenth board exams from June 1.
- The government is taking and will increase necessary awareness in every nook and corner of the state, and the people should follow them in letter and spirit to be able to live safely with Coronavirus and include.
- All people should wear them when coming outside.
- No one should go outside without reason.
- Wash the hands and the legs while coming back home
- Follow social distancing at all times.
COVID19 Tamil Nadu: CM Edappadi Palaniswami District Collectors Meeting Coverage