Tamil Nadu Covdi19: 4 Days Full Lockdown in Chennai, Coimbatore and MaduraiVignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : Apr 24, 2020 16:53 IST
Total lockdown for four days starting from Sunday, April 26 morning 6 AM to Wednesday, April 29, 9 PM in Chennai, Coimbatore and Madurai districts announce the Tamil Nadu government. For two districts "Salem and Tiruppur", it is for two days from April 26 to April 28. The chief minister who met with higher officials today, April 24, decided on the lockdown. Many other district administrations also declare different complete lockdown facilities during this period. Apart from a few necessary facilities, everything else, including the provision and vegetable shops, will be closed for these five days.
Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami taking into account the continuous rise of coronavirus infections in the state, has met the higher officials today. Already Tamil Nadu is under the lockdown until May 3 for forty days. But since there is a continuous rise in coronavirus infections, the CM has announced a total lockdown for these five districts, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tirupur, and Salem. Cuddalore district administration also has now announced the complete lockdown on Sunday, April 26.
- Essential services that will work on the complete lockdown in five districts.
- Health services like hospitals, pharmacies, testing centers, ambulance, and mortuary services alone will function on these four days.
- Only staff of departments like secretariat, health, revenue, police, Aavin, electricity, and water will be allowed to come outside of the house on these four days.
- Only 33 % of the central government and bank employees of essential services like banks will be allowed to go outside.
- ATMs and Amma eateries will work in these four days .
- In other eateries, food can be only ordered and delivered at home and no going out to buy food in these five districts.
- Permission to come outside for those who help elders and physically disabled persons.
- Community kitchens run by the district administration and social welfare department will function on these days.
- ATM centers will be open on these four days of the complete lockdown.
- NGOs who help the poor can get permission from the government to do their services.
- All shops in Koyambedu fruit and vegetable market and other such big markets in the other four districts will function strictly as per rules only.
- Except for the mobile seller fruit and vegetable, no shops will be open on the four days.