Tamil Nadu Lockdown Continues and relaxation should be only in a phased mannerVignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : May 14, 2020 18:20 IST
The expert medical committee today says that Tamil Nadu has conducted more tests than any state in India and than many other countries. Meeting the press today May 14, after discussing with the chief minister, the Dr. Prabhdeep Kaur of the committee was all praise of the Tamil Nadu government efforts to fight COVID 19.
Tamil Nadu is now in the third position in India, with 9227 coronavirus infected cases only next to Gujarat with 9267 cases and Maharasthra. Chennai has become the major hot spot in India, with thousands increasing every day, while in many districts, the spread is significantly controlled.
Also, the government has relaxed the lockdown restrictions from May 11. Hence today, CM had a video conferencing with all district collectors and now with the expert medical panel for two and a half hours.
Dr. Prabhdeep Kaur of the National Institute of Epidemiology spoke on a range of issues including
- Dr. Sowmiya from Geneva participated in the meeting with the chief minister and gave her recommendations.
- Compared to other states in India and many other countries, Tamil Nadu has conducted more tests, it is its first achievement.
- Only because of the tests the infected spread areas were found, and it should continue without any disruption to take steps as per the infected areas.
- While a person is known to be infected with coronavirus should be brought to the hospitals within three days to stop them from infecting others.
- The second achievement of the Tamil Nadu government is the low fatality rates.
- Since COVID 19 is a pandemic, it cannot be erased but could rise in some places and come down in others, and people should not panic.
- The relaxation in Tamil Nadu should be only in a phased manner.
- Due to relaxation, those who go to work should wear masks compulsorily and should practice social distancing.
- If anyone is found with symptoms of COVID, 19 should not go to work, and those who were in close contact with him or her should also stop going to work.
- NCD or noncommunicable diseases affected people, and older people should be isolated as they are the most vulnerable to the coronavirus attach
- Even though lockdown norms released many are not under its purviews like schools, salons, spas, and others
- The government is giving a kit to the poor people in Chennai, which has vitamin tablets, fruits, the mask for the people to be safe from coronavirus infection.