Tamil Nadu Lockdown: Curfew extended till July 5 With RelaxationsSophia Loren (Author) Published Date : Jun 25, 2021 22:48 IST
The curfew in Tamil Nadu ends on the 28th of this month and it is been extended after the consultations today. Accordingly, Chief Minister Stalin has ordered to extend the curfew in Tamil Nadu till July 5 with a few relaxations. Additional relaxations in Nilgiris, Coimbatore, Erode, Tiruppur, Salem, Karur, Mayiladuthurai, Thiruvarur, Thanjavur, Nagai, and Namakkal districts.
The 11 districts in Category 1 now have more concessions than ever before.
- Tea shops (take away only) are allowed to operate from 6 am to 7 pm.
- Hardware and bookstores are allowed to work from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Pottery shops and fancy goods shops are permitted to operate from 7 am to 7 pm.
- The government's essential departments can be operated with 100%, and 50% of other departments can work with employees.
- Banks and insurance companies will be allowed to operate ATMs with 50% of employees.
- Other industries 33%, IT Companies can be operated with up to 20% of employees.
- Construction companies can work with 33% of employees.
- Beauty salons can work with up to 50% of customers without Air conditioners.
- Permission has been granted to conduct school and college admissions.
- Shops selling sweets and savoury varieties can be open from 7 am to 7 pm.
- The theatres can be opened one day a week to do maintenance work with the required permissions.
Following are the key features of the Type 2 relaxation for 23 districts, including Ariyalur, Cuddalore, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Trichy.
- Permission has been granted for public transport.
- Private security service offices are allowed to operate without e-registration.
- Fitness centres and yoga centres can operate up to 50% of the time.
- Roadside food stalls, parcel service can operate from 6 am to 7 pm.
- Cellphone and related stores can be opened from 9 am to 7 pm.
- Can carry out construction work with 50% staff.
Following are the key features of the Type Three districts, including Chennai and the other four districts.
- All private companies can operate with 100% employees.
- Match factories can operate with 100% employees.
- Textile shops can be operated with 50% of customers from 9 am to 7 pm without air conditioning.
- Permission to operate religious places of worship.
- Permission for parcel services in restaurants in shopping malls.
- Shopping malls can work from 9 am to 7 pm.
- Private security service offices are allowed to work without e-registration.
- Fitness centres, yoga centres can run with 50% of people.
Travel to Nilgiris, Kodaikanal, Yercaud, Yelagiri and Courtallam for urgent reasons will be allowed by obtaining an e-pass from the relevant District Collectors. Chief Minister MK Stalin has asked the people to follow all the corona rules, wear a mask, and maintain social distancing.