Tamil Nadu Lockdown: List Of Restrictions And Night Curfew From TodaySophia Loren (Author) Published Date : Jan 06, 2022 10:36 IST
The Tamil Nadu government has announced that a curfew will be implemented in Tamil Nadu from tonight. The Government has said the night curfew would be in effect from 10 pm to 5 am. It has also been announced that a full curfew will be imposed in Tamil Nadu on Sundays.
The restriction is made strict in Tamil Nadu as the cases have been increasing in recent days. The Government is requesting the public to follow Covid protocols. 12,412 cases were found to be positive in Tamil Nadu yesterday. So far, 121 people in Tamil Nadu have had Omicron. Chief Minister Stalin yesterday discussed whether additional restrictions should be imposed on the increasing number of Omicron across the state.
Accordingly, there held a consultation meeting yesterday chaired by Chief Minister Stalin. Health Minister Ma Subramanian, health professionals, doctors and officials attended the meeting. Various restrictions were proposed yesterday, considering the current situation of the state. As expected, time restrictions were imposed, and colleges were shut.
The Government has said the night curfew would be in effect from today 10 pm to 5 am. It has also been announced that a full curfew will be imposed in Tamil Nadu on Sundays. It is restricted to go to places of worship on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Restaurants and theatres are not allowed at the time of curfew. It is advised not to go out unnecessarily. Only essential services are allowed at night, including milk distribution, medicine, journalism, and security. If a person is going to work at night, they have to show their identity card. Similarly, they should be vaccinated with two doses. A vaccinated certificate must be provided for this.
- It is ordered that all stores will be open only from 8 am to 10 pm.
- In order to control the infection, only 50% of seats are allowed on buses and metro trains.
- Offline classes will be permitted for 10th, 11th and 12th students. And the other classes will go for online classes.
- Colleges will shut from today. It is ordered to conduct classes online only at all educational institutions.
- The restriction is proposed for Jallikattu held on the occasion of the Pongal festival.
- Government and private bus services will be allowed within the state during the night curfew.
- Prohibition on holding exhibitions and book fairs.
- Civil servants must be vaccinated and submit the certificate to the offices by Jan. 9.
- All theatres are allowed to operate with a 50% audience. There will be no night shows, even on weekdays.
- Mandatory 2-dose vaccination for those working in theatres, shops, and malls
- Parcel service in restaurants on Sunday is allowed from 7 am to 10 pm.
- Food delivery companies are only allowed to operate from 7 am to 10 pm.
- Tickets are required for outbound travel on Sundays and nights.
- The current ban on political meetings will continue.