Tamil Nadu Rains: Heavy Rain warning Issued to Four DistrictsVignesh Subbaian (Author) Published Date : Dec 03, 2019 16:03 IST
Rains to continue in Tamil Nadu but intensify only in four districts: After heavy rains for the past few days, Chennai and many districts of Tamil Nadu may not have much rain at least for the next few days. IMD South Zone head Balachandran said there would be heavy rains only in four Tamil Nadu districts in the next 24 hours. He also said the northeast monsoon from 1 October had given 13% more rain than usual.
Heavy rains battered Tamil Nadu for the past few days. Many deaths, including the 17 dead in Mettupalayam near Coimbatore was only due to the showers. The 17 people who were buried inside their homes included eleven women and three children in Naduvur village. Many such deaths occurred across Tamil Nadu due to the recent rains.
Balachandran, the south zone head of IMD, spoke to the PRESS now on the Tamil Nadu rains including
- Heavy rains would hit four districts Ramanathapuram, Thoothukudi, Sivagangai, and Virudhunagar
- There will be strong winds of 40 â€“ 50 km speed over the Kanya Kumari seas. Hence he advised fishers not to venture into the waters
- In the last 24 hours rain in Tamil Nadu, Connor received 13cm, and Ramanathapuram 9 cm,
- Northeast monsoon has so far showered 13 % more storms this year than the usual levels
- Due to low pressure on the southwest Bay of Bengal, Sri Lanka, and southern Tamil Nadu coastal areas, there will be rains in some places in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry.
Tamil Nadu weatherman has good news and bad news for Tamil Nadu today. The bad news is the Coimbatore wall collapse causing 17 deaths. But the good news is there will be no water shortage in Tamil Nadu next year 2020. He cites many water levels of the lakes in Tamil Nadu. Also, with 400 mm rain level crossing in Tamil Nadu this season, which happened only in 2015, there will be more inflow into the dams, which is his contention.
Tamil Nadu Rains: Heavy Rain warning Issued to Four Districts