Electric Green Bus in Chennai Gets Popular Among PassengersAnusha Sathish (Author) Published Date : Aug 27, 2019 15:03 IST
Green bus flagged off by Chief Minister in Chennai. The Electric bus, which is a long-term plan across the country is getting trial-run in many states. For the first time in Tamil Nadu, in Chennai, Electric bus is flagged off by Tamil Nadu honourable Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami. Electric bus was supplied by Ashok Leyland, the Commercial Vehicle manufacturer. The passengers are immensely happy to travel in the zero-pollution Electric Green Bus.
Electric Green Bus Facilities
- Electric Bus route will start from Central railway station and passes through Mylapore, Adyar and destine at Thiruvanmaiyur.
- Electric Green Bus trail run will be for the next three months, most likely in the same route.
- The ticket rates are fixed between Rs 11 and Rs 25.
- Electric Bus manufacturer also gave a similar bus to Ahmedabad, and it was successful.
- No special allowance PASS cards are available in this Electric Bus.
- Total 32 seats available in this Electric bus with spacious legroom.
- Full AirCondition Electric Bus.
- Since its Electric bus, noise-free travel experience to passengers comfort.
- Electric Bus is purely operated by battery.
- The battery range is to cover up to 40kms in a single ride. Instead of petrol, the batteries can be easily swapped within a few mins.
- The initial electric bus comes at a rate of Rs 1.5 crore to Rs 2 crore.
- The operative cost of Electric Green bus is very much low comparing to the diesel bus in the city.